Code: RCLAPAZ Duration: 1 or more days
|Single Room Supplement:||Upon request|
Bolivia / La Paz
|Duration Days:||1 or more|
|Suggested Seasons:||Autumn - Winter - Spring|
Located at the neighborhood of “Amor de Dios” at the south of La Paz city, this area offers a wide variety of bolted routes on conglomerate rock.
For many years, sportive rock climbing in Aranjuez was practiced just by a bunch of "crazy" people who rather spend their free time trying to solve moves and climbing steep walls rather than playing football (the most popular sport in Bolivia) or watching TV. Nowadays, thanks to this group of enthusiastic rock climbers who bolted more than 80 routes for free, this area has become the favorite among the city rock climbers and there are more people than ever.
Most of the bolted routes are no longer than one pitch (there are a couple of longer routes) grading from 4 French (4 UIAA) to 8a+ French (10- UIAA).
Of course, one day may be just a small “snack” for a real rock climber, so we can extend the climbing sessions as many days as your body can take.
Let us say you that our instructors have been trained either by the German Alpine Club (Deutschen Alpenvereins, DAV) or the Chamonix climbing and ski school (ENSA), having them all received the IFMGA / UIAGM / IVBV international certification as mountain guides.
We will provide you with transportation, lunch, common equipment (rope, quick draw, harnesses) and the help of a mountain guide that will either belay you or lead the routes depending on your experience. We do not include climbing shoes or harnesses.
In our experience, one day of practice can be either too much or too little, depending on how you like this activity. In the case you would consider a second session, the subjects and practice would also be planned accordingly to climb more difficult routes and review/reinforce techniques learned.
Please note that to take this trip alone, you must already be acclimatized to the highlands. This means that you must have spent at least 3-5 days at the highlands doing light physical activity. For more information about this subject, please refer to the page acclimatization at our website.
Day 1. Climbing day in Aranjuez neighborhood on bolted routes.
- Rock climbing on conglomerate rock.
- Routes for every level of difficulty starting from 4 French* (4 UIAA) to 8a+ French* (10- UIAA).
- Trained professional guides will scout you during the climbs.
- Splendid views of La Paz valley.
- Common climbing equipment: ropes, carabiners, quick draw, slings.
- Professional bilingual UIAGM / IFMGA / IVBV certified mountain guide.
Services Not Included
- Transfers IN/OUT to airports.
- International & local flight tickets & fees.
- Snacks & lunch
- Transportation to/from rick climbing area.
- Meals & accommodation while in La Paz.
- Personal climbing equipment: climbing shoes, harnesses, chalk bag.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Any expense due to a rescue operation (rescuers fee, transportation, or medical cost).
Day to day details
Around 9:00am we will meet in the “Amor de Dios” neighborhood at the southern area of La Paz city. There we will spend most of the day climbing routes that we will chose depending of your experience.
La Paz: 3,650m (11,972ft)
Amor de Dios: 3,200m (10,496ft)
La Paz: 3,650m (11,972ft)
Driving: 1-2 Hrs(20km)
Climbing: 6-7Hrs (1km)